Thursday, April 22, 2010

Smores Cookies

cookiesmores (4)

Best cookies ever! Seriously, make these now. Thanks to Kim at Lovin' From the Oven for sharing these because they are out of this world. These had the perfect cookie texture, being crunchy on the outside with a chewy interior. They also spread out really nicely, although mine were a little thinner than I would have like.

This had to be one of the yummiest tasting cookie doughs. I had to bake this before I ate it all
cookiesmores (3)

Chop the chocolate beforehand so that you can place the chocolate and marshmallows as quickly as possible partway into baking. It doesn't show here, but I cut them into thirds
cookiesmores (2)

Too yummy to share!
cookiesmores

Smores Cookies
From Lovin From the Oven

1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups miniature chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
2 Hershey bars, chopped

1. In a stand mixer, combine the butter and sugars until fluffy.
2. Mix in egg and vanilla until combined. Add the flour, graham crackers, salt, and baking soda, mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
3. Refrigerate dough for about an hour.
4. Preheat oven to 375ºF (I baked at 335 F).
5. Drop by rounded tablespoon (I used a medium cookie scoop ~ 1.5 tbsp) onto cookie sheets. Bake for 8 minutes, and remove from the oven. Push 3 to 4 marshmallows and a few pieces of a hershey's bar into each cookie. Return to the oven and bake an additional 2-3 minutes until fully cooked. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
6. Makes 3 dozen cookies.

36 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with all things Smores!!! These look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. At one point I was wondering if it had graham cracker flavor, and then there they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to make these! They are the best looking cookie ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap, those look wicked good. I've done peanut butter marshmallow cookies before, but I didn't add chocolate or graham. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They certainly look like thes best cookies ever! Can't wait to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love how both the chocolate and marshmallow are baked into the top. Can't go wrong there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow these cookies look gorgeous! I'm not sure that many would get to the baked stage though as the dough alone looks irresistible :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look so good! I love s'mores, so I'm sure I'd like these cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daughter would go crazy over these. Looks like I better make a batch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh these look delicious and nice too! yummy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that is such a great idea! All smore ingredients in one cookie. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. gee, I'm sorry you didn't like these! :)
    they look great and I know they will be a hit with my n's and n's. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look amazingl I would be so addicted to the dough as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. seriously these are the best cookies ever!!!!

    i've literally made them 100x and i can never stop myself from eating 100 -__- haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yum! I am sooo gonna make these!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've made s'mores bars before, but never even thought of cookies--genious! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are really beautiful and perfect looking-admire that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It may make 3 dozen cookies supposedly, but why do mine always wind up less? Hmm...maybe too much "testing" of the dough? LOL

    Seriously, these look great, I'm going to try them this weekend! Thanks!

    jessyburke88@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I tried the smore in Hawaii. We did themover the barbecue. Just great, super sweet I have to admit I remember my teeth shivering with all that sugar. But it was so so good! Nice recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a similar recipe. Consider adding your marshmallows in at the beginning, mixing them in with th rest of the cookie. As they bake and melt, they get rather toffee-ish and are amazing!

    Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  21. YUM...I too am a batter girl..these just might not make it in the oven

    ReplyDelete
  22. These look so yummy. I wouldn't share either!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, these really do look incredible. I love the gooeyness of the marshmallows. Yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am bookmarking these right now - yum! My little sister is gonna love them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. These look incredible - your pix are always mouth-watering. Am just writing out my grocery list for these cookies now...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Okay, you weren't lying. And neither was I. I really did make these today and they really are that good. I have proof on my blog. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  27. These look amazing Steph! Hard to resist a cookie with marshmallows and chocolate on top like that. And if you say they're the best ever I must try them out! =)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ooh, these look absolutely sinful! I MUST make them!

    -Jenniffer
    http://cupadeecakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. yeeeeeahhhhh... I have an obsession with s'mores... these will be made. OMG. Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm not a fan of baking cookies but I do love s'mores. AND these do look darn good!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oehhh these look really yummy! I think I will try these out!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabulous food photography! You make delicious food look even more amazing!

    Made these immediately after seeing your post. Loved them! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh yummy! Marshmallow and chocolate on a cookie! *drools*

    ReplyDelete
  34. Made them a few months ago and haven't stopped thinking about them since. I'm making another batch tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  35. just made my first batch. They are sooo good!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails