Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Brown Sugar


Since this is my first post, I thought I would start off with something simple. Ever since I've been experimenting to find the best chocolate chip cookie, I've been making many trips to the grocery store for brown sugar. At my last visit to bulk barn, I spent 10 dollars on brown sugar alone. While this seems like a lot of sugar, I'm sure I will go through it in no time. As I was whipping up my batch of cookies in the stand mixer, I suddenly remembered seeing a show on TV showing how brown sugar is made in factories. It turns out that brown sugar is just regular white sugar + molasses and in minutes, I made my first batch of brown sugar. The best part is white sugar is half the price of brown sugar and in minutes, I can have fresh brown sugar!

Brown Sugar

1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon molasses

1. Add sugar and molasses in a standmixer and mix on medium speed using the paddle attachment until well combined.

1 comment:

  1. so cool. seriously, it hasn't even crossed my mind to make brown sugar. this is also a good way to ensure that it never turns into a rock-since it's fresh!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails